I am going to apply for marriage certificate now, after almost 10 years of marriage. I’ll share how is my experience of this process. But I thought I’ll share the list of documents that are required for the registration. Preparing these document beforehand might help you speed up the process. I have copied this list from Delhi Government Website.

The documents and other requirement at the time of Marriage Registration are as under:

  1. Residence proof. (Election I Card) One Attested Photocopy along with original.
  2. Date of Birth Proofs of both parties (10th Class Certificate / Date of Birth certificate). One attested copies each along with original.
  3. Separate affidavit from Husband and Wife giving details of
  4. Date & Place of Marriage.
  5. Date of birth.
  6. Marital Status at the time of marriage.
  7. Affirmation that parties are not related to each other within the prohibited degree of relationship as per Hindu Marriage Act.
  8. Citizenship.
  9. Two Passport Size Photograph of Husband & Two Passport Size Photograph of Wife and ONE Photo of Marriage. All should be attested by Gazetted Officer.
  10. Marriage Invitation Card, if available.
  11. Original copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower
  12. In case one of the parties belong to other than Hindu, Budhist, Jain and Sikh religions, a conversion certificate from the priest who solemnized the marriage(in case of Hindu Marriage Act).
  13. In case of one of the applicant is a foreign national, a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE in original from the concerned Hingh Commission to be submitted along with the application form.
  14. If marriage was solemnized in a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required who solemnized the marriage.
  15. Identification Certificate a)any person having PAN of income Tax (OR) b) any officer/official of Central or State govt. or UT Administration or PSU/Autonomous bodies whose identity can be established.

NOTE : The Present Address of Husband OR Wife must be within the jurisdiction of District IN Which You Are Applying.