Documents Required for Registration of Marriage in Delhi22 Aug 2012
I am going to apply for marriage certificate now, after almost 10 years of marriage. I’ll share how is my experience of this process. But I thought I’ll share the list of documents that are required for the registration. Preparing these document beforehand might help you speed up the process. I have copied this list from Delhi Government Website.
The documents and other requirement at the time of Marriage Registration are as under:
- Residence proof. (Election I Card) One Attested Photocopy along with original.
- Date of Birth Proofs of both parties (10th Class Certificate / Date of Birth certificate). One attested copies each along with original.
- Separate affidavit from Husband and Wife giving details of
- Date & Place of Marriage.
- Date of birth.
- Marital Status at the time of marriage.
- Affirmation that parties are not related to each other within the prohibited degree of relationship as per Hindu Marriage Act.
- Two Passport Size Photograph of Husband & Two Passport Size Photograph of Wife and ONE Photo of Marriage. All should be attested by Gazetted Officer.
- Marriage Invitation Card, if available.
- Original copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower
- In case one of the parties belong to other than Hindu, Budhist, Jain and Sikh religions, a conversion certificate from the priest who solemnized the marriage(in case of Hindu Marriage Act).
- In case of one of the applicant is a foreign national, a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE in original from the concerned Hingh Commission to be submitted along with the application form.
- If marriage was solemnized in a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required who solemnized the marriage.
- Identification Certificate a)any person having PAN of income Tax (OR) b) any officer/official of Central or State govt. or UT Administration or PSU/Autonomous bodies whose identity can be established.
NOTE : The Present Address of Husband OR Wife must be within the jurisdiction of District IN Which You Are Applying.